Letter to parents 11th June 2021: Delta Variant in Lancashire
Important: School reopened to all pupils from Monday 8th March 2021.
See below for a letter sent to parents w/c 1st March 2021 highlighting key points when school reopens.
IMPORTANT: Arrival and collection times and gates for all classes
Lower school: main school gate
Upper school: church gate
(Further information below including detailed information for sibling groups and the one-way system at the church gate)
School Policy Updates and Appendum in light of COVID-19
Jotter Learn User Guide: For remote learning when the children are self-isolating
Higham St. John's COVID-19 Full Reopening
Risk Assessment - updated March 2021
What to do if you or your child is displaying symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If your child is displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not bring them or any siblings to school. You should arrange a test for them as soon as possible.
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms and how to order a test by visiting this website:
Where are the local Coronavirus test centre sites?
The following page of the Pendle Borough Council website has up-to-date information on how to access a test centre:
Video: How to test your child for COVID-19 in the UK
Please note: the fastest way to get a test is to visit a test centre. If you choose to order a home test kit, this video provides useful information on how to administer the test correctly.
COVID-19 Home Test Step-by-step guide
One way system for drop off at the church (Upper School and sibling groups)
- Children in Sycamore and Oak bubbles must use this entry and exit point
- We have a one-way system in place with signage
- Please can all families observe social distancing (cones will support this)
- Sibling Groups:
- Families with siblings in both lower and upper school should drop their children together (8:45am if elder sibling is in Oak, 8:50am if elder sibling is in Sycamore)
- Families with siblings in both lower and upper school should collect them from this gate (we will start releasing the children from 3:15pm starting with Elm class then Ash class then finally Birch class - releasing them in waves is to try and avoid any mixing of 'bubbles' as per the guidance. We will do this as swiftly as we can)
COVID-safe measures at Higham St. John's
Public Health England (PHE) Resources for Primary Schools